I have know Colin Dunn for almost 10 years. He is on my “First Callers” list when travellimg to UK. A warm, affable & highly passionate Ambassador of Whisky, Colin showcases Diageo Brands, across the world. I have had the opportunity to attend several Masterclasses hosted by him in London and always come our more”spirited” and wise. Colin is 62 and has Graduated from the “University of LIfe”. He has a whopping 35 years of experience, with 20 years in the Whisky Industry. For him, Family, Friends & Health, acquire priority in Life.
During my recent visit to UK, I tasted the Mortlach 25 YO and Mortlach Rare & Old, both outstanding. I caught up with Colin and asked him to few a few Spirited thoughts with me…
- Choice of Music – WHISKY FUELED RHYTHM AND BLUES ( I’M IN A BAND CALLED THE LAGAVULINS)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=493zDqw5sYU
- Passions ….and Compassion – MEETING PEOPLE – DISCOVERING NEW FLAVOURS IN FOOD AND DRINK … COMPASSION – STRIVING TO BE A GOOD PERSON, HELPING OTHERS AND RELEASING EMPOWERMENT IN THE NEXT GENERATION – ONGOING !
- What Motivates you – HAVING THE OPPURTUNITY TO WORK IN A FIELD OF GREAT LIQUIDS
- Preferred Beverage… TEA AND WHISKY !
- All Time Favourite Drink….BRORA 1972 RARE MALT
- Favourite “Spirits’ Corner ….DRINKING WHISKY IN THE CORNER OF THE SOHO WHISKY CLUB IN LONDON WITH FRIENDS
- Best Bar (for you)….THE DUKES HOTEL BAR – THEIR MARTINIS ARE AWESOME
- Views on food….do you enjoy Food or is it sustenance I HAVE A PREFERENCE FOR HOME COOKED FOOD WHERE INDIVIDUALS HAVE CREATED A DISH FROM LOCALLY GROWN PRODUCTS FROM WHERE THEY LIVE
- Best few Meals in Life DOVER SOLE IN CORNWALL – SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILLADAS IN JALISCO –KASHMIRI ROGAN JOSH IN VEERASWAMY LONDON
- All time Favourite Dish OYSTERS SPRAYED WITH A GENTLE SPRAY OF ISLAY WHISKY
- Favourite Cuisine and what would you pair it with. INDIAN, WHERE THE SPICES AND SAUCES RULE
- Whisky….What do you think of it..! VERSATILE – MALTI –FACETED AND INTRIGUING
- What would you enjoy on a Friday Evening at a Bar, Saturday Evening at an informal Dinner or Sunday Evening at Home BEING WITH FRIENDS AND LISTENING TO THEIR STORIES AND TELLING A FEW MYSELF
- Whats your Biggest “High” in Life !! BIRTH OF MY DAUGHTER
- Views on Women & Whisky LOVE THEM BOTH IN EQUAL AMOUNTS !
- Finest ‘Drinking” Moment TASTING TALISKER IN FINGALS CAVE ON THE ISLAND OF STAFFA ON THE WEST COAST OF SCOTLAND WITH FRIENDS